Who doesn’t love a good party? A place is only as good as its best party and New Year’s Eve is when everyone is throwing down to host the best bash. Celebrations in the Capital-Saratoga Region are really shaping up, so browse this list and find your favorite.
New Year’s Eve in the Capital-Saratoga Region
1. An awesome night in Albany. We have two noteworthy celebrations here. The Desmond Hotel is hosting, “Shipwrecked” – a themed night filled with sea shanties, mystical mermaids, villainous pirates, treasure and underwater adventure. Oh, and of course, an open bar, food and dessert stations and dancing to some of the best area bands. Overnight packages are available, with the option of room service! If you prefer gold sweatbands to gold teeth, maybe the 80s themed party at the Hilton is more your style. They have overnight and party only options, both which include dinner, an open bar, photo, and parking. Be sure to dress for the occasion!
2. Stay stoked in Saratoga. You can stay busy all evening long in Saratoga with First Night 2018: Light Up the Night. The party starts off with a 5k run, a fun way to keep up the energy and do something active with friends. Registration for the run is required and popular, it sells out every year, so don’t wait to get your feet in the game. Then, of course, pump up the party with the rest of the First Night celebration happening at over 30 venues in Saratoga Springs. This is the largest, most affordable, all ages, alcohol free party you’ll find with 70+ acts including magicians, comedians, musicians, and dancers! Scott Jameson, Jon Stetson, Joshua Lozoff, NitroJive, Sirsy, Brendan Erpile, Ashley Sofia and more, a lot more are performing. There’s also free bus service and food trucks to quench any end of 2017 cravings!
3. Everything’s showy in Schenectady. There’s also double the fun happening in Schenectady with The Commodores performing at River’s Casino and Resort, meanwhile The Chronicles will hit the stage at Proctor’s. The sound of The Chronicles is best described as an amalgamation of Jazz, Funk, Soul, Hip Hop, and Gospel, bringing together a genre-bending, intoxicating groove-oriented platform for high energy songs and improvisation. The night at Proctor’s includes light fare, cash bar, dancing, and a champagne toast in the ticket price. If you’d rather sing along with hits like, “Just to Be Close to You,” “Easy,” and “Brickhouse,” then join Lionel Ritchie and crew at the casino. Have a delectable dinner at Duke’s Chophouse, get in some gambling, and shake your booty to favorites with The Commodores (yes, the original guys). Make it a complete getaway by adding in a hotel reservation.
4. Fun abounds in Fulton. Everyone’s gathering at the Holiday Inn for a fantastic meal with a special menu and entertainment from the Sophisticats who’ll blast out favorites from Ray Charles, Fleetwood Mac, Jimmy Buffett, The Beatles and more. Book a room too and make it a full on getaway. For more information please contact the Holiday Inn at (518) 762-4686.
5. Ring it early in Rensselaer. Whether it’s you or the kiddos who won’t make it to midnight, CMOST (The Children’s Museum of Science and Technology) hosts a fun-filled event during the day – their Noon Year’s Eve Celebration. Kids will love face painting; games and more, to be capped off with a pair of countdowns, ringing in the Noon Year with a Museum-wide parade and a bubble-blowing bonanza! For this special day, admission is by donation only, with proceeds going to provide summer camp scholarships for kids in need. Like all of the events listed, this is popular, so tickets are free (donations accepted on location and online), but required. Bring your printed ticket or access it on your phone upon arrival. This is definitely a must-do at least once for every kid in the Capital-Saratoga Region.
New Year’s Eve 2018 – Something for Everyone
As you can see, there is something for everyone whether you are 8 or 80 and planning to be in the Capital-Saratoga Region this New Year’s Eve. Do you have a favorite New Year’s Eve celebration we didn’t mention? Tell us on social media! Find us on Facebook and Instagram. Use the hashtag #TheNYECapital and we’ll share your post with our followers.